Stone barbecuehenrylapps July 5, 2020
If the idea of having a charcoal or gas barbecue does not convince you much, what do you think of a stone barbecue? In fact, in recent years it has become a favorite for barbecue cuisine lovers. What if it were the one that fit your way of cooking?
What types of stone barbecue are there?
Certainly, stone barbecues may not differ much from construction barbecues. In fact, there are models that are built in the same way, with and without a hood. A special stone is used that can store heat well, preventing it from escaping.
But in countries, such as the southern part of the American continent, a rather curious stone barbecue style is used. This one is buried under the ground, covering it with rocks. It is not so surprising if we think that the soil maintains heat better. In fact, some species of birds bury their eggs so that they hatch on their own in sunlight.
However, if we talk about which is the type of stone barbecue that has been in fashion in recent years, it is, without a doubt, volcanic stone barbecues.
Why a volcanic stone barbecue?
Have you never heard of volcanic stone barbecues? They are preferred by cooks, since they can generate high temperatures in a very short time, and maintain them much longer than coal. They do not dirty nor it is necessary to use gloves to use it. These are usually constructed of stainless steel, making it easy to clean, lightweight, and fairly compact.
However, the volcanic stone can only be used by those who already have a lot of experience using a barbecue. Still, learning to get the most out of these natural stones is not impossible, but it will take some practice.
What are the advantages of a stone barbecue?
It is normal that you have some doubts when choosing one between a stone barbecue or another model. The stone barbecue has many advantages, do you want to know them?
- It is very practical: The truth is that it is a much easier type of barbecue to use. Simple to install and it is not necessary to have much knowledge to use it.
- It’s more functional: Volcanic stone has been shown to be more functional, possessing quite a bit of power when it comes to heat. This allows you to cook everything faster and evenly. And since it keeps heat better, it can be reused multiple times.
- You can use it in any space: The problem with some types of barbecues is that they are delimited. However, volcanic stone barbecues turn out to be very light, and can be carried around easily. An excellent option for those who are going on a trip.
- Durable: Since volcanic stone barbecues are made of stainless steel, they are more durable than any other model.
- Very healthy: Cooking on a barbecue of this style is healthier than doing it in the kitchen. There is no need to use as much oil, the food is cooked with its own fat and no harmful fumes are released during the process.
- Easy to clean: Some barbecues have the problem that cleaning is very annoying. On the other hand, with this model it is quite simple. Since its surface is non-stick, thus avoiding bacteria.
- Anything can be cooked: meat, vegetables or fish … no matter what you want to do in this type of barbecue. You can cook everything!
What if I want to mount a barbecue built entirely of stone?
Generally, when buying a barbecue, it has a brick structure. For what reason? The material is much cheaper. However, if you cook better in a stone oven, won’t it be the same in a stone barbecue? Of course!
The big problem is that these types of barbecues are not easy to find. As a general rule, they must be ordered to be made to measure. An advantage for those who have a stone house, since they can manufacture it with the same material as that of the house or the wall in which it is to be located.
Perhaps the problem is that the shapes they may have are delimited by the skill of the builder, not like the brick ones. But if you hire the services of a professional, you can get a luxury stone barbecue.
Would it be better if I were underground?
Certainly, cooking underground allows you to better maintain heat. But it takes a lot of skill to handle this type of barbecue. Keep in mind that a very deep hole is dug for everything to enter.
However, it is true that meat like chicken is much tastier if cooked with this type of barbecue, using volcanic stone as a heat source. Its great advantage is that being under the floor does not take up space. But it can be a problem if you are not careful. Some build it as a well, but that is already the personal taste of each person.