Portable barbecueshenrylapps July 5, 2020
Not everyone has the luxury of having a garden. And having barbecues on the balcony can bring some problems. One solution is to barbecue on a camping site or in a field. Nothing better than enjoying this experience with friends and family, right? Now what should you know about portable barbecues?
Portable barbecue brands
What is a portable barbecue?
ith technological advancement, we can find portable barbecues of almost all types, with the clear exception of field ones. Some have their advantages and others with their disadvantages. Depending on how you like food, and how much you want to dedicate to the assembly of it, you will decide one model or another.
- Charcoal: Charcoal barbecue is the most common portable barbecue. They are very easy to assemble and disassemble, as well as being quite practical when cooking. Perhaps its downside is that you have to ensure that you have the necessary amount of coal and wait a long time for it to ignite.
- Firewood: The second option when it comes to a portable barbecue will always be wood. There are some mixed models that also accept charcoal, and they are not much more expensive. Firewood has quite an advantage, as it is easy to get at a good price. Also, since there are so many types on the market, it allows you to try different flavor combinations.
- Gas: There are some models of small portable gas barbecues for those who do not want to have to be fighting with firewood or charcoal. However, they have a great drawback, and that is that they force you to travel with the butane cylinder to make it work.
- Electric: Perhaps they are the most practical of portable barbecues, since there are very small models, perfect for making a small meal with family members. However, they require an energy source to function, which is also a major setback.
Do you prefer barbecue or grill?
You have to keep in mind that they are not the same. Barbecues have a grill, but the difference is that they have a lid, while the grills do not.
Currently, barbecues have very small models, but the grills are usually more functional. They do not require as much assembly process and cleaning is faster. But since there is no lid, you have to keep an eye on the meat so that it does well on both sides. In this regard, the fact that barbecues have a lid is a great advantage.
What are the advantages of portable barbecues?
Do you wonder what are the advantages of buying a portable barbecue? Without a doubt it will be very beneficial, especially if you like to travel, since:
- You can take it anywhere: wherever you go, you can take your barbecue with you. They are very simple assembly models, so it is not so heavy having to disassemble it after having used it. Some models are large, in which case it is best to only partially disassemble it.
- Wheels or fixed: Another great advantage is that these models of barbecues give you the option of choosing if you want a barbecue with wheels or with fixed legs. Wheels are better because it helps you move the barbecue easily. However, these have to be of a good material and if the terrain is not flat, you may have some problems moving it. In uneven terrain, the best is a barbecue with fixed legs, preferably with the rubber tip.
- Cooking outdoors is healthier: One of the biggest problems with barbecue is smoke. Depending on the type of heat source you are using, this may be more or less harmful to your health. On the other hand, cooking in a very open space, with the air the smoke will not give you directly, being much healthier.
- You can enjoy different types of spaces: Although it may be fun for the neighbors to always go to your garden, isn’t it a bit monotonous to always have the same meeting place? Since portable barbecues are designed to be taken wherever you want, you can barbecue in other houses, in the field or in the mountains.
- Perfect safety measures: In order to avoid possible fires, modern portable barbecues are designed with safety measures to prevent sparks or embers from leaving the bottom of it. In addition, they are also prepared to be safe for the cook.
- Cheaper ?: In some cases a portable barbecue is much cheaper than a garden barbecue. Especially since these are usually smaller, so that the task of moving it is more comfortable. An interesting investment, especially if you really like going on a trip.
- They do not take up much space: Since once you have finished using and cleaning it you can disassemble it, you do not have to worry about the space it occupies. Just keep it in the box and keep it in the trunk of the car until the next time you use it.
- They can also be used in the kitchen: Some barbecue models are so small that they could be used in the kitchen without much trouble.
Better than garden barbecues?
Certainly, portable barbecues have many advantages, but are they better than garden barbecues? In essence they are the same, but with the advantage that they allow you to change location whenever you want.
They are generally very simple models, and since they are so small, you cannot cook for as many people as with the garden ones. Still, cooking in batches allows you to enjoy the experience more while talking to friends or family.
Also, since almost all barbecue models are available in a portable design, it allows you to experience which type you prefer for meat, fish or vegetables. And in case you already have a garden one, why not buy one for when you go on a trip? This way you can enjoy the experience more!