Grilled Corvina Recipehenrylapps July 10, 2020
Surely you have prepared corvina before. But you will never have made a recipe for grilled sea bass. This dish is very typical of some South American countries, such as Uruguay. Would you like to learn how to do it?
Why grilled corvina?
While in the United States the most common thing when making a barbecue or barbecue is to cook meat, in countries like Uruguay they prefer to make fish. Grilled corvina is one of the most appreciated dishes by fishermen and chefs on the coast.
A dish that is prepared on the grill, or grilled. A tasty fish, and that well done on the grill enhances its flavor. It is a very simple recipe, so much so that you don’t have to have a lot of cooking knowledge to make it delicious.
Ingredients for grilled sea bass (2 people)
In Spain it is quite difficult to get wild croaker, since the one sold in supermarkets is raised in a fish farm. But if you have the chance, in addition to the following ingredients, you should get a fresh one.
- 2 corvinas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Olive oil
Preparation of grilled sea bass
Although you could cook it perfectly on a gas grill, to make this grilled sea bass recipe we are going to use a charcoal one. Take good note of the following steps.
- As the grill heat heats up and the coals form, clean the corvina well, but don’t remove the scales. If you don’t know how to do it, when you buy it, tell the fishmonger to prepare it for you.
- Crush the garlic cloves, after peeling them, in a mortar together with a splash of olive oil and a tablespoon of parsley. Make sure there is a very liquid mixture.
- Cut the head of each corvina, open it by the loin and bathe it with the mixture you have prepared inside, in the fleshy area. On the other hand, on the outside area, with the help of a brush, smear it with a little extra virgin olive oil. If you don’t like the oil very much, you can use butter.
- With great care, place the corvina on the side of the meat towards the grill. You will have to move it with caution, as it may get stuck.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on the meat side, and turn it over so that it is done on the skin side for another five minutes. And ready! Repeat the process with the other corvina and you already have a delicious delicacy to eat as a couple.
Tricks to make this dish without making a mistake
Is it possible that you’re afraid to screw up when making this delicious dish? Should not! It is quite simple as you could have seen in our grilled corvina recipe. But if you want, we will explain some little tricks to succeed among the guests.
As you may well know, the calorific value of coal is very high. A little oversight would mean that you could completely spoil the plate. Therefore, in order not to fail, you should place the embers in a circle, with nothing in the center. In this way, the corvina will receive indirect fire.
Another solution would be to set the coals aside, place the corvina in the center and cover the grill. Thus, the heat that the meat will receive will also be indirect. But unfortunately it will take longer to do. It is a fish that, when smearing in oil or butter, becomes very fatty, and this makes it easy to stick to the grill. So be very careful when you move it.
Instead of preparing the whole fish you could prepare it by fillets or as a Moorish skewer. Bathed in a little lemon juice it is delicious.