Gas barbecueshenrylapps July 5, 2020
When buying a barbecue there are many models available, among the best-selling gas barbecues stand out for being fast, efficient and with an economical price.
What are the advantages of these barbecues?
Exactly what are the advantages for you to decide to buy for a gas barbecue? First of all is the speed of ignition. Just press a button and wait about 5 minutes to start. This helps to make the task of cooking faster and with much more room for improvisation.
For some, a barbecue is associated with making a great smoke. Smoke is not unpleasant for many people, but for those who are, gas barbecues are perfect. They do not generate it during the ignition or during cooking, which makes them much healthier.
Another notable advantage is that these barbecues allow better control of power. With other barbecues, such as charcoal, you must place the charcoal evenly on each side of the barbecue so that the heat is well distributed. With gas ones it is not necessary, because by pressing a few buttons you can light one area or another of the barbecue.
In addition, the intensity of the heat is fully adjustable, with wood or charcoal barbecues, the flames can grow to touch the food, burning the surface and leaving the inside too raw.
Gas barbecues typically have a longer life than a charcoal barbecue. The greater durability of these barbecues means that, although the investment is greater to buy a barbecue with superior characteristics, the long-term investment is more profitable and therefore, the gas barbecue is cheaper.
On the other hand there is the issue of security. Because they use gas, these barbecues are much safer than charcoal grills, because the chances that a live coal could jump out of the wind and cause a fire are reduced. With this type of barbecue you don’t have to worry.
Space for some could be a problem, since gas barbecues are often oversized. However, today there are small and even portable gas barbecue models for those who want to go to the field or do not have as much space in the garden.
How to choose the ideal gas barbecue?
Are you not sure what you should take into account when buying your gas barbecue? It can be difficult seeing so many models on the market, but here are the things to keep in mind:
- The Size: What size do you need for your gas barbecue? Think these are bigger than other types of barbecue, so you may need a lot of space. But, if your idea is to take it with you when you go on a trip, you will have to look for a more compact model.
- Will you use it often ?: Do you like to have family gatherings? Or are you just going to buy it for special occasions? Depending on what you want it for, you will be interested in a cheaper model or invest in a more expensive one.
- Lid or without lid ?: Do you know that there are models of gas barbecues that are sold without a lid? This is what is commonly known as a gas grill. It is much better if it has a lid, because it helps to make food better. But, still, you like how the food is without a lid.
- Location: Although the location of a gas barbecue does not cost as much to decide, as it does with coal ones, it is important to check that you have the necessary space to install it.
How to use use a gas barbecue correctly?
Do you think that grilling on a gas barbecue is something that you will learn in one day? Of course not! If you want the food you prepare in it to be perfect, you will have to learn a series of tricks:
- The grill is always clean: Does that seem obvious to you? For many it is not so much. It is true that these types of butane barbecues do not have to be cleaned as much as others, but the smoke from the grill leaves a bad taste in the food if it is not cleaned well. In addition, the fat generated by the heat will also stick to the grill, and this can spoil the flavor of some dishes. For example, if you have previously cooked fish, and you don’t clean it well, the flavor might stick to the flavor of the meat.
- Watch out for pops: Yes, gas barbecues are safe, but when the fat from the food mixes with a spark, or flame, an unexpected pop can occur. To avoid this, you must have an empty part of the grill, to be able to move the food in case the flame rises.
- Sugar and heat, what is there to know ?: There are foods that are cooked with sauces, and these are very rich in sugar. The sugar burns when it reaches a temperature of 130º C. When you cook this type of food, you must ensure that your barbecue does not exceed this temperature.
- Always keep an eye on the barbecue: It is great fun to be in a gathering with friends and family while the barbecue is busy preparing the dishes, but are you going to leave it unattended? A single mistake and it could damage the cooking point, start a fire or go out without you realizing it and ruin your evening.
- Perfect cooking point: Gas barbecues can reach a temperature of up to 300º C. This does not mean that all the food you are going to cook with it must be done at this temperature. For example, lamb, pork or veal meat must be cooked at a high temperature, but fish, vegetables or chicken must be cooked over medium heat. You will have to be patient with the cooking times.
- Do you know how to use sealing ?: To obtain the best flavor in a barbecue, sealing is one of the great secrets of cooking in this type of instrument. It helps to give an excellent flavor to the meat, like caramelized. To do this, you have to heat the grill to the maximum, place the meat and wait a minute. After the minute, it is turned over, the heat is reduced and it is done.
- Learn how to use indirect heat: To grill some types of meat, like chicken, it’s best to use indirect heat. To do this, you must turn off the burners under the meat and light only those in the corners. This way the meat will not be overcooked and will have a unique texture.
How should you clean a gas bbq?
If this is the first time you have a gas barbecue, you may not know how to clean it. Two types of cleaning must be carried out on this type of barbecue. one after each use and the annual one.
For the general you will have to light the barbecue, with the oven lid closed, for about 20 minutes. This will burn the remains of fat and food, achieving a quick partial cleaning. After the 20 minutes are up, turn off the barbecue and let it cool down. Next, disconnect the gas cylinder and burners. Clean the grill with a brass brush, and then with a sponge moistened with mild soap (containing neutral pH) and warm water. You will have to do the same with the deflectors. Do not use abrasive products, as this will spoil the glaze of the barbecue.
And for the rest of the barbecue? One or two per year will suffice. For the burners you will have to remove them, removing the rear clip, and wash them with a steel barbed brush. Make sure you are cleaning the burner holes, thus ensuring maximum cleaning. To clean the interior well, you can use an irrigation hose, introducing it through the hole. Once finished, let it dry.
The lid is the easiest area to clean, since you only need a sponge, a barbecue cleaner and warm water. In the event that there are white spots, or corrosion, you can use cooking oil. Dip a cloth in this oil and apply it in a circular motion.
The side trays will depend on the material. If it’s made of wood, you can use teak oil, but if it’s made of steel, you better use a barbecue cleaner. Finally, the ground. This type of barbecue can generate stains that are very difficult to clean. Therefore, it is best to install a barbecue pad or splash mat.
Where should you put your gas barbecue?
The great advantage of this type of barbecue is that it is much easier to locate them than other types. You can have it on a terrace or in the garden, without any problem, since they are much safer and there are less chances of fire.
Although they do not smoke as much, ideally they should not be near doors or windows. It is also not recommended that you be near the area where you are going to eat, since the smell of gas could be annoying for your guests.
Since size is a negative factor in this type of barbecue, you should find a place with a lot of space to install it. Generally, they are usually put on terraces, but if you have a large garden, you can also have it in that area without problems.
Better or worse than other barbecues?
This barbecue also has some downsides. For example, there is its price. Although it is true that it can be safer, charcoal barbecues are a cheaper investment. In addition, it must be ensured that the cylinder does not run out of gas.
In addition, you can not enjoy the fantastic experience that results from lighting a barbecue. On the other hand, you cannot take it anywhere. These barbecues are large and heavy, and you must add the extra weight of the cylinder. Although there are smaller models, they are much more bulky than other types of barbecues.
Stainless steel gas barbecue has high durability.
Still, they have the great advantage that they are easier to locate in some area of your land, without having to worry that a fire could be caused by a small oversight.