BBQ pizza recipehenrylapps July 12, 2020
It has always been said that a pizza the more homemade the better. And what could be better than making a homemade barbecue pizza? The recipe is very easy to follow, so go back, because you are going to make the best pizza in the world.
Ingredients for barbecue pizza (2 people)
For the mass:
- 300 grams of strength flour
- 20 grams of fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 glass of water
For the surface:
- 200 grams of minced beef
- 100 grams of minced pork
- 1 medium chicken breast
- 100 grams of bacon
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 225 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- Barbecue sauce
- Olive oil
Preparation of barbecue pizza (60 minutes)
Preparation of the dough:
- We will start prepared the pizza dough. To do this, sift the flour into a deep bowl, using a strainer to make it softer. With the help of a spoon, or the joint of a roll of toilet paper, you should make a hole in the center and add a tablespoon of salt and yeast. Stir everything well.
- Next, you should add 1 glass of water (equivalent to about 200 ml). As you add it, with the help of electric rods (which have a lot of power), stir well. Then add the oil and keep stirring. You will notice that the dough is gaining more and more consistency.
- Flour part of the counter and put the dough on it. Flour your hands (this will help the dough not stick to your hands) and start kneading it, so that it becomes more manageable. With the help of a roller you can make it more elastic by stretching it. Do this process for about 10 minutes.
- Finished kneading, make a ball and paint it with a little oil (this will help it not to become dehydrated or hard). Cover it with a slightly damp cotton cloth or plastic wrap. Place it in an area of the kitchen where there is not much humidity and can be at room temperature. You will have to wait for it to double its volume. In summer this will take around 30 minutes, while in winter it can take an hour.
Preparation of the ingredients:
- While the dough increases in volume, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Put a pan on the fire (better if it is non-stick) and heat a little oil over medium heat. Mix both types of meat with your hands (you can buy it mixed if you prefer), so that it is well integrated along with a little salt. Add it to the pan when the oil is hot and, with the help of a palette, you chop it. You will have to fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the onion (wash it with water so that its tear effect is reduced) and cut it into very thin strips. You must do the same with the green pepper. When you see that the meat has taken a golden hue, add both ingredients, and stir everything with a wooden spoon, cooking little by little.
- With a sharp knife proceed to cut the chicken breast into strips, short and thin. More or less try to make them the same, so that the cooking process is the same. Add the pieces to the pan, sprinkle with a little salt and stir. Cover to fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check that, after 5 minutes, that the meat is to your liking. If not, leave it a little longer. When it is ready pour a little barbecue sauce (to your liking), stirring well to mix everything for a couple of minutes.
Assemble and cook the pizza:
The dough should be ready to work by now, so flour your work surface again and with the help of a rolling pin give it the circular shape of a pizza. The ball will give you two medium pizzas, but you can make a large square pizza in the case of having guests.
Turn the oven on at 180-200 degrees to warm up (program up and down). Spread the entire base of the pizza with the fried tomato, covering it completely. Then add everything you have prepared in the pan, using a spoon so that it is well distributed on the surface.
Chop the bacon and spread it over the surface along with the grated mozzarella cheese. You can use any other type of cheese that you like best. On top add a little more barbecue sauce, which will give a better flavor to your homemade barbecue pizza.
The time has come to put it in the oven, in a tray that is located right in the center of it. Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes. If you want it a little more golden, leave it a little more and you will have your homemade barbecue pizza ready.